Sunday, March 29, 2009

Still open and recently closed...

Melting Stones by Tamora Pierce
Part of the Circle series, which seems I read so long ago. The irony of this book is that Mt. Redoubt continues to puff and blow. I loved images of being inside the crystaline structure of the different minerals. A book rockhounds will enjoy. YA

Hand of Isis by Jo Graham
I'm still reeling from the pedigree charts, but it's somewhat more clear and I remember some things from I, Claudius. I know how the story is supposed to end, so why am I surprised that I have tears running down my cheeks? The characters are well-written, it may help explain history, and it also falls into Sue Lange's category of "what women once did." How historically accurate? Unknown without research, but truly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment