Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Best of the "survivor" type books I've read yet. Interesting for the intro of woodcraft, the characters have been extremely well-written and the reason for the games to exist is brilliant. We've had woodcraft in Scott Westerfield's Uglies series, there was Arctic Survior which also featured teenagers, and of course D.J. MacHale has Pendragon competing in game-like challenges, but The Hunger Games is so well-written that I'm elevating it to one of my best books read this year. There's a sequel being released September 1...looking forward to another suspenseful read!

Untamed - P.C. Cast
This is the first of the post-Twilight vampire books that I've really enjoyed. The characters have unique quirks that make them intriguing, the plot is varied and well-paced. I'd say if anyone else had trouble getting through Vampire Academy like I did, but still wants to read contemporary vampire stories, this series is the one to try next.


No comments:

Post a Comment