Monday, July 27, 2009

Vampire Academy/Chloe King

I have two teen friends who are reading these and as I'll be organizing Teen Read Week in October, I thought I better catch up on the latest titles in fantasy and sf. And so Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead was the book of the day. Can't say I was moved by the characters or the plot in the least. Maria V. Snyder writes more interesting combat training. The Godfather already did the dead animals in beds, and we all saw Obi-Wan influence the Storm Troopers. Vladimir appears a tasty romantic interest, but certainly no Valek.

My other book was a reread of the first in the Celia Thomson Chloe King series, The Fallen. Quirky characters that are instantly likeable/hateable, contemporary references, unusual gifts, suspense, a little gratuitous sex and some strong language. Which means I probably can't push this book for TRW.

No comments:

Post a Comment