Friday, August 7, 2009

Vampiric Readings

Opinions of Twilight Read Alikes to date:
Vampire Academy - thumbs down, dull, dull, dull
House of Night - thumbs up, loved the characters and the situations, will read more when there's time
Vampire Beach: Initiation - snore. Read a few chapters before returning
City of Ashes - thumbs up, mostly. Coming in on book two is a challenge. Somewhat predictable, but interesting teens, scenarios, good visual cues


Already read and liked:

'Thumb' on female polydactyl cat.Followers care to weigh in on the choice of this image? It's relevant! Image via Wikipedia

The Hollow Kingdom - Clare B. Dunkle
The Study Series - Maria V. Snyder

A much better listing that I can ever do:

9/9/09 House of Night revisited: finally received book one, Marked, from my request list. Might need to modify my opinion. It does seem awfully juvenile in places, yet I'm enjoying the characters. Will go back and read Vampire Academy Book One - perhaps it requires a second chance.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're probably the first person I've come across that doesn't like Vampire Academy. And I'm probably the only person who doesn't like the House of Night series. Haha, I think it's full of sexual thingies :) LOL. The whole Mortal Instruments series was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete