Friday, September 11, 2009

Vietnam, I know so little

UH-1D helicopters airlift members of the 2nd B...Image via Wikipedia

One of my relatives gave me a title for my Mifflin Community Library combined "Book and a Movie" requirement and our Veterans Day program. Larry Stimeling suggested, as a vet himself, that We Were Soldiers would be a vet-approved selection. I'm still in the request queue, but in the meantime I checked out a copy of Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried. I'm finding it extremely hard to put down. Disturbing, comic, gory, but it's so much more than the few paragraphs in my high school textbook. I'm hopelessly uneducated about something that I vaguely recall seeing on TV. If you want to learn more, http://nam-vet.net/.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment